Light on the Field
This farmer’s field is near Rollag, MN where Western Minnesota Steam Threshers Reunion is held every fall. His modern thrashing machine effectively separates the wheat from the chaff leaving little waste. Left behind are windrows of straw which are later rolled up into those large round bales. As an artist, I have enjoyed painting the colorful fields and many aspects of the harvest. Plenty for All is at the TAG event Friday night. Fun fact…at age 17, my very first commission was a 24” x 36” oil painting of a threshing machine for $40.00.
The light from the sky shows us color as it bounces off objects. The same color on a flat surface appears to be lighter. The grass is Yellow-Green and the vertical trees are darker Greens. A Gray roof top might appear white and the building the same color would look Gray. Full sunlight from above bouncing directly down on a field of individual strands of straw makes them appear Yellow – the color related with wisdom.
Wonderful art events starting tonight!
- TONIGHT 9/21 | 4pm – 7pm
- See me tonight to sign books for you at Gallery 4
- 115 Roberts St N, Fargo, ND 58102
- Friday 9/23 | East Grand Forks, MN
- See 8 of my paintings at the TAG – North Dakota’s largest art exhibit and sale!
- 1124 7th Avenue South, Grand Forks, ND
- OR take the FREE party bus at 4pm donated by Swanston Equipment | 3450 Main Avenue, Fargo ND
- Friday & Saturday 9/23 & 24 | Watford City, ND
- See me and my paintings this Friday Night and Saturday at the Western Art Show & Cowboy Poetry Gathering
- 12880 25th ST NW, Watford City, ND 58854