Vibrancy of Under-paintings
Here is a sliver of a view of downtown Fargo. The light glowing through the letters on the Iconic Fargo Theatre sign might remind us “Spring will be here before you know it—-oops- Happy Holidays!” Today, however, you might easily relate to that brisk temperature felt during a “Spring Walk” when the early morning light is more colorful than warm.
A highly colorful under-painting was frequently exposed in this painting to dramatize the sunrise and its reflections. Acrylic paint was also layered around the transparent areas in a colorful opaque manner accentuating the glow. Because I’m painting on paper, the texture of the paint is mostly visual.
CHECK OUT MY FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | TWITTER | LINKEDIN | INSTAGRAM | BLOG
P.S. Please stop by my
Holiday Open House
Ellen’s Studio | 3374 Maplewood Court | Fargo, ND | 58104
I have missed seeing you! I am very excited about this collection of new originals and I will be giving mini tours about my originals every half hour.
Open House Hours:
Thursday – November 3rd | 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Friday – November 4th | 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Saturday – November 5th | 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Free pack of cards just for stopping by – a $8.95 value!
- Christmas card packs – buy 3 get one free! Order online and write in the name of your FREE pack!
- Select from beautiful Originals and Giclee Reproductions!
- Register to WIN a $250.00 Gift Certificate!
- New Giclées with Pre-Issue Discounts (including Spring Walk)