Replace Details with Colored Shapes
Instead of waiting patiently in line for a desert ride in Arizona, as usual, I went gaga with my camera taking pictures of the horses. Apparently there was time as they kept putting the eager competent riders onto the big horses. I had asked for a sweet horse that was very well behaved. The riders on the paints totally distracted me until I heard… “Ma’am is you the one that needed a gentle horse?” My ride was so short; only the stirrups kept my legs from dragging on the ground.
The details of these horses and riders practically disappeared from my photographs as the subjects were back-lit. Perhaps this was a blessing. In this very textural acrylic painting, using carefully placed, contrasted or colored descriptive shapes became the goal. Some edges were blended. I love the fact that it looks painted.
CHECK OUT MY FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | TWITTER | LINKEDIN | BLOG
Spring Open House – Tomorrow
May 18th, 12:00 -7:00p.m.
At Ellen’s Studio – 3374 Maplewood Court, Fargo, ND
701-799-9505 | [email protected]
Come see beautiful new paintings to color your home and office!
New florals, landscapes and some with a little western kick you might enjoy. Come, bring a friend and have fun at my studio.
- Choose a FREE pack of “specially selected card styles” just for showing up!
- See Ellen’s newest Giclées qualifying for the $10.00 -$25.00 pre-issue discounts!
- Beautifully framed Giclées that are really good buys!
- Get a FREE single rag mat with the purchase of any unframed original!
- Sign up for my Beginning Watercolor Workshop July 12-15.