Lavender – the Color of Springtime
Spring is here and you just might start to feel it. This painting began in a Henning, MN workshop where I was showing students different ways to display a subject. This piece is particularly festive as the Lavender color harmonies dominate and are accented with yellow-green. Both of those colors can be used together in small amounts in most paintings to give a zing.
Can you find these variations among the flowers and the cattails?
Lightest light against the darkest darks, solid shapes or detailed, painted around or blending into the background, dark against dark, mixed on the paper, large and small, intense or dull, warm or cool. Since the subject is repeated, it is easier to explore these variations.
This is the last weekend to see “Three Women – A Watermedia Exhibit”. It runs Friday through Sunday 1:00-5:00 until April 3rd at the Rourke. That show coincides with The Spring Arts Festival in Shakopee. April 1-3, please click Events for details on each show.
Show Specials at the Spring Festival-An Arts & Crafts Affair
Print the coupon off or show on your phone for $1.00 off your entry fee!
- The “Variations” original will be on display as well as oversized giclée reproductions – $50.00 off!
- Get a FREE pack of note cards with a purchase of your “Next in Line” puzzle, a $8.95 value!
- See the many new & beautiful original paintings, and reproductions available!
- Great values on framed giclées!
- Get $2.00 off a signed copy “Where’s Petunia?“at the show!
Wholesale buyers are welcome to pick up catalogs & place orders.
I hope to see you there!