2-Day Flower Painting Workshop
April 30 @ 9:30 am - May 1 @ 3:30 pm
2-DAY Workshop ONLY $185
Ellen will be teaching a 2-day flower painting workshop in watercolor at Art Materials Art Store in Minneapolis on April 30th – May 1st.
Join Ellen in painting and learning about beautiful flowers. Painting flowers is both exciting and challenging. Get comfortable with breaking down complex shapes into simple form and utilizing color to create depth and dimension. You will learn about composition and building up layers to create form and a dynamic composition.
You’re invited to follow Ellen in this exciting 2-day workshop on painting beautiful flowers in watercolor.
Lesson Plan: April 30th – May 1st
Over this 2 day workshop we will work towards completing a flower painting.
- Review watercolor techniques by warming up and creating volumetric color spheres.
- Arrange a composition of flowers and on drawing paper. Draw out silhouette shapes.
- Painting warm up: painting basic parts of the flower, leaves and stems.
- Review drawing: carefully look our drawing ensuring leaves and add flower connections are properly rendered.
- Begin painting: begin with painting light and warms colors. Learn to judge and work with drying times, an essential step for success.
Note: Please bring multiple photographs of flower arrangements with the same light source. This can be achieved best by having a vase of flowers and turning it in the light source to get different shapes. You may also bring fresh flowers to paint from and take a picture with an iPad or phone to use. Ellen will also provide photographs of flowers to work from.